If, as Milton Friedman said, actions taken in times of crisis depend on the ideas that are lying around, then perhaps news media organisations can take a look at the ideas they have lying around, INMA Executive Director/CEO Earl J. Wilkinson, said on Thursday: “What were those ideas just 12 weeks ago?”
- The need to go faster with digital transformation.
- Stop toying around with digital subscriptions, and make it a cultural priority.
- Premiumise content and distribution ecosystems.
- Inject retention science into companies.
- Get the newsroom fully onboard with engagement.
- Accelerate first-party data strategies: revenue and efficiencies.
- When it comes to print, love it, reduce it, or kill it—but get the strategy out of neutral.